Version 6.1 for the iOS has been put together at last . I have done a whole series of UI revisions, some of which include a camera shutter button and radial menu layout to encourage more user engagement and discovery.
The location of assets and buttons are designed to optimise the F-shaped reading pattern of most users and the major navigation tools are located within the green and amber zones of the ‘Easy Thumb Reach’ diagram, shown below
Above: Home Screen, F-Shaped Scanning Pattern & ‘Easy Thumb Reach’ Diagram
The app low diagram is shown below to provide a visualised flow path of how a user navigates through the interface to access the product reviews, photo diary and grooming articles with the app.
You can check out the prototype UI on Invision here: https://invis.io/AJBOUUSPE
Above: Application Flow Diagram
College and working life have been very demanding of late so I’ve been pretty bad at updating this blog. Expect a series of updates in the coming days!
I am delighted to say that I finally got the opportunity to build my first app, albeit a basic framework, in jQuery last month. The design brief centred around a DIT student use case that focused on accessing a personal timetable and the ability to edit module settings. The jQuery model allows for these functions and nothing else – most of the buttons are dead links with the potential for further development had the brief and time constraints allowed.
Check out my code on github here: https://github.com/brendanfeeney/grangeMobile
The App UI
The masters project idea pitches have began in earnest yesterday. We learned loads taking in all the varied ideas and concepts that our classmates put forward as the beginnings of an app or game for their masters proposal.
As a member of ‘Brendana’; the twosome team of Dana and I, we put forward an idea for a facial care app that would document and simplify the skin care and grooming processes for end users. We presented a short 3 minute presentation on our idea and got a lot of helpful feedback from our tutors on the scope of this early idea.
We are now actively exploring ways to narrow our scope and find our target audience to begin more focused user testing. We have already started testing the storyboard sketches we presented yesterday.
Smiles all round as it’s full steam ahead for now. Here’s a copy of the full presentation we showed at yesterday’s sprints: