We had a fantastic tête–à–tête in class last Friday with everyone grouping together in threes to brainstorm storyboards for aspects on how our apps could function. We mined so much good information out of that 2 hours session that we will definitively be pursuing that method of idea generation again. It was so good. There were post-its and markers all over the place. Even our humour got the best of us and a thoughtless joke spawned the name for our app – ‘Filthy’. We are focusing on the male hygiene domain right now and hope to produce an app that focuses on facial care and grooming for a male audience.
We have spidergrams coming out of our ears right now as to where this app could go in terms of functionality and UI but for now at least, feast your ideas on some of our scribbles from our ideas session.
The masters project idea pitches have began in earnest yesterday. We learned loads taking in all the varied ideas and concepts that our classmates put forward as the beginnings of an app or game for their masters proposal.
As a member of ‘Brendana’; the twosome team of Dana and I, we put forward an idea for a facial care app that would document and simplify the skin care and grooming processes for end users. We presented a short 3 minute presentation on our idea and got a lot of helpful feedback from our tutors on the scope of this early idea.
We are now actively exploring ways to narrow our scope and find our target audience to begin more focused user testing. We have already started testing the storyboard sketches we presented yesterday.
Smiles all round as it’s full steam ahead for now. Here’s a copy of the full presentation we showed at yesterday’s sprints: